All adults 18 years and older who work with minors must complete the Diocese of Manchester’s Safe Environment requirements. Those who fail to complete the requirements will not be eligible to work with minors in the parish.
The Diocese of Manchester Safe Environment Policies and Procedures are aimed towards ensuring a safe environment for all people, especially our youth. It is important that you are aware of the policy, mandatory reporting requirements, and procedures for reporting so that you know what to do in case you suspect a child is suffering abuse. Because you interact regularly with children/youth in the course of your ministry, you will need to complete the diocesan requirements.
The Diocese of Manchester requires that every parish volunteer who ministers directly with children complete the following:
- Read the Code and Policy Booklet . It is very important that you read and understand the “Mandatory Reporting Requirements” on page 1 of the booklet.
- Complete the Acknowledgement Form on the last page of the Code & Policy Booklet. Return this page to me. The booklet is yours to keep.
- Complete the Volunteer Application Form.
- Complete the New Hampshire Criminal Records Check . (You do not need to send money).
- If you lived in Massachusetts within the past five years you must also complete the Massachusetts CORI Form.
- If you have lived in any state other than New Hampshire or Massachusetts within the past five years you must also complete the Choicepoint Form.
- You must complete the Shield the Vulnerable Workshop online. You can access the online workshop at http://www.shieldthevulnerable.org/
- If you are a first time user, click on the appropriate link on the home page.
- You will need to register before you proceed.
- Please note: the “Login number” is a number that you create.
- If you do not plan to complete the training in one sitting, be sure to note your login number and password.
- The completion certificate will be available when you have finished the training.
Mail all above completed forms to: Brenda Stinson / Corpus Christi Parish / 2075 Lafayette Rd. / Portsmouth, NH 03801 Additional Parent Resources available here: http://www.catholicnh.org/child-safety/parents/