All adults 18 years and older who work with minors must complete the Diocese of Manchester’s Safe Environment requirements. Those who fail to complete the requirements will not be eligible to work with minors in the parish.
The Diocese of Manchester Safe Environment Policies and Procedures are aimed towards ensuring a safe environment for all people, especially our youth. It is important that you are aware of the policy, mandatory reporting requirements, and procedures for reporting so that you know what to do in case you suspect a child is suffering abuse. Because you interact regularly with children/youth in the course of your ministry, you will need to complete the diocesan requirements.
The Diocese of Manchester requires that every parish volunteer who ministers directly with children complete the following:
- Read the Code and Policy Booklet . It is very important that you read and understand the “Mandatory Reporting Requirements” on page 1 of the booklet.
- Complete the Acknowledgement Form on the last page of the Code & Policy Booklet. Return this page to me. The booklet is yours to keep.
- Complete the Volunteer Application Form.
- Complete the New Hampshire Criminal Records Check . (You do not need to send money).
- If you lived in Massachusetts within the past five years you must also complete the Massachusetts CORI Form.
- If you have lived in any state other than New Hampshire or Massachusetts within the past five years you must also complete the Choicepoint Form.
You must complete the Safe Haven Online Training. You can access the online workshop at https://manchester.cmgconnect.org/
- Click on “Register for a New Account” and provide the requested information.
- Once registered, click on “Start Curriculum.”
- The steps you need to complete will be listed n the left hand side of your screen and you must proceed in the order in which they are listed.
- Once you have completed the training, you can print your certificate from the training dashboard.
Mail all above completed forms to: Brenda Stinson / Corpus Christi Parish / 845 Woodbury Ave. / Portsmouth, NH 03801 Additional Parent Resources available here: http://www.catholicnh.org/child-safety/parents/